Natural Remedies for Fungal Skin Infections
From the Treasury of Granny – 30
Fungal infection of the skin is a very common problem. Almost every person suffers from this problem once in their life. Following are the most common causes of fungal infections:
- Sweating too much or wearing clothes that are damp. It might be due to hot and humid infection.
- Lack of immunity due to diabetes, HIV, cancer, etc.
- Unclean environment and lack of personal hygiene.
- Wearing clothes that can cause sweating.
- Due to obesity, since moisture can be retained in the folds of the skin. It might lead to fungal infection.
- Stress can weaken immunity leading to fungal, infection.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy may cause fungal infection.
However, there are many home remedies that can help in fungal problem.
Home and Natural Remedies for Fungal Infections
Most of the fungal infections can be cured with the help of things found in our homes. Some of these are:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar: It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Thus it helps a lot in treating fungal infections. It should be applied to the infected area with a cotton ball and left for about 15 minutes. Then it should be rinsed. This process should be repeated thrice every day.
2. Plain Yoghurt: Yoghurt has lots of bacteria, particularly lacto bacillus. The yoghurt should be applied to the face for a few minutes. After that, the yoghurt should be immediately washed out. Yoghurt should be plain. It should not have any sweetener or organic thing mixed in it. Plain yoghurt should also be eaten in case of fungal infection of the skin.
3. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has natural antiseptic and anti-fungal properties. Therefore, it is very popular in the cosmetic industry. It should be diluted with coconut oil and then applied to the affected area.
4. Turmeric: Turmeric is very affected in fungal infection and also other skin infections. It has anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties. it should be mixed with a little water and applied to the affected area. Turmeric mixed with tea can also be very beneficial in all fungal skin infections.
5. Garlic: Garlic has anti-fungal qualities. It has anti-fungal qualities. It is very useful in boosting immunity also.
6. Cranberry Juice: Cranberry juice inhibits the production of yeast. It also has anti-fungal qualities. Thus cranberry juice is effective on all fungal infections. However, it should be kept in mind that only pure cranberry juice should be taken. If it contains added preservatives or sugar then it would be of no use at all.
7. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is rich in antioxidants and antibacterial properties. it not only treats the skin but also soothes it.
8. Neem Leaf Extracts: Neem has been considered an excellent anti-fungal and natural detoxifier in India. The leaves of the neem tree should be boiled in water for a few minutes. The infected area should be washed with neem water.
9. Coconut Oil: It contains certain fatty acids that help in infection by damaging the cell membranes of the fungus. It should be applied to the affected area thrice a day.
10. Oregano Oil: Oregano oil has thymol and carvacrol. These elements stop the growth of fungus. The diluted oil should always be applied to the infected area. It should be applied thrice a day on the affected area.
11. Baking Soda: Baking soda is very useful in fungal infection like athlete’s foot. It should be mixed with water and applied to the infected area.
Precautions if the Person is Already Infected:
- The skin should be kept dry and clean. It should be ensured that the towel used on the infected portion should not be used on the other body parts.
- Tight jeans and clothes should be avoided, instead of it, loose clothing should be preferred.
- There would be itching on the infected area. However, itching or scratching should be avoided. It only worsens the condition.
- Perfumes or washing agents on the clothes can damage the skin even more. They should be avoided.
However, if the infection is very serious and the person is suffering from diabetes or the infection starts spreading the doctor should be consulted. In the case of pregnant and lactating mothers, fungal infections can prove very harmful. Therefore, they should consult their doctor in case of any such infection.