From the treasury of Granny – 5
Cavities are small holes in the teeth caused by decay. Several home remedies can prevent this decay or stop it before it forms a cavity. When we eat food particles remain stuck in our teeth. This food eventually tends to decay the teeth by forming plaque. If this plaque is not removed, it leads to the decay of tooth. Plaque builds up more easily in the places like:
During the course of time this plaque reaches the tooth’s inner layer, known as dentin. It is at this time when the cavity starts to develop.
However, there are several ways by which we can get take care of our teeth so that no cavities should form:
1. Oil Pulling – It is an ancient way of Ayurvedic system of treating cavities. In it a tablespoon of coconut or sesame oil is swished around in the mouth for a prescribed period and then spitting it out.
2. Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera helps a lot in fighting bacteria that cause cavities.
3. Salt="image not found" water – Mix some salt="image not found" in warm water. Rinsing mouth with this water helps a lot in fighting cavities. Salt="image not found" water is an excellent antibiotic and antiseptic.
4. Clove oil – Use of clove oil is the ages old treatment for all dental problems. It is very effective for cavities also.
5. Neem – Neem is very helpful to clean teeth. Chewing of the neem twig makes the teeth and gums really very strong. It is anti-bacterial and prevents tooth decay. It keeps away plaque because of its high fiber.
6. Garlic – Garlic has many antibacterial and antifungal properties. It helps a lot in preventing tooth decay.
7. Eucalyptus Oil – It has anti-bacterial properties responsible for tooth decay.
8. Lemon - Lemon is an amazing source of vitamin C. The citric acid present in the lemon juice has the ability to kill germs and reduce the pain of the cavities on the teeth.
9. Guava leaves – Guava leaves have antimicrobial qualities that can help in treating cavities. One can chew guava leaves or can add crushed leaves to boiling water and that mixture that can be used as a mouthwash.
10. Eggshells – Eggshells help a lot in fighting tooth decay. The eggshells must be boiled for a few minutes in water. Then a paste of it should be made. This paste helps a lot in fighting tooth decay
Teeth should be cherished with great care. We should not eat excess of sweets, and avoid drinking sugary drinks. It is said you lose teeth, you lose taste. Thus to lead a healt="image not found"hy life, we must take care of our teeth.
Cavities is a serious problem. These home remedies can help only up to a certain extent. Therefore, to avoid going to the dentist and spend a lot of money , it is better to take care of our teeth ourselves.