Home Remedies for Viral Fever
From the Treasury of Granny – 22
Fever is a condition when the body temperature rises above the normal level. Fever can be due to many reasons – because of flu, because of injury and also because of Covid – 19. With the change in temperature, rainy days lots of medical complications can happen. One such seasonal common disease is viral infection. Most of us reach out to the antibiotics and anti-viral medicines. However, home remedies can help us deal with numerous viral symptoms.
Home Remedies for Viral Fever
1. Coriander Tea: Coriander seeds have vitamins and phytonutrients that boost immunity. Coriander tea can be very helpful in viral fever. It is very simple to prepare. It is prepared like normal tea but instead of tea leaves coriander seeds are added.
2. Dill Seeds Decoction: Dill seeds boost body’s immunity and also reduce body temperature. They act as a very powerful antimicrobial agent to relieve one from viral fever. The decoction can be prepared by roasting a tablespoon of Dill (suva) seeds, peppercorns and 1 tablespoon of kalonji. This mixture should be boiled in a cup of boiling water and a pinch of cinnamon powder should be added and drunk to relieve oneself from fever.
3. Basil (Tulsi) Leaves: Basil or tulsi is one of the most effective remedies to relieve the symptoms of viral fever. It is anti-bacterial, germicidal, antibiotic and fungicidal. All these qualities make it a very potent remedy for a viral fever. It also improves immunity naturally. Boil 20-25 leaves of tulsi in one litre of water and add a spoon of clove powder to it. Allow the water till it reduces to half. Drink this decoction every two hours.
4. Rice Starch: Since ancient times the most common home remedy is rice starch. It is a nourishing drink and it boosts immunity. A cup of rice is cooked in one and a half cup of water. When the rice granules are half cooked, the liquid should be strained. This liquid should be poured in a glass and a pinch of salt is to be added. When drunk warm it combats symptoms of viral fever.
5. Mixture of Dry Ginger: Dry ginger, one teaspoon of turmeric and one teaspoon of black pepper power with little sugar should be boiled in a cup of water. This decoction helps reducing the symptoms of viral fever.
6. Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds help reduce fever and other symptoms associated with viral infection. Soak one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in a half cup of water overnight. In the morning this solution should be strained and sipped at regular intervals. This helps treating viral fever.
7. Drinking lot of Fluids: Drinking lot of fluids during fever should be quite helpful in fever.
8. Taking Rest: A lot of rest should be taken in fever. Undue exertion aggravates the health condition.
Disclaimer: All the above measures mentioned should not be replaced with regular treatment. For proper treatment the patient should visit a trained physician. We at Kayasetu recommend the above measures as preventive only; not curative ones.