Home Remedies for Sun Stroke
India is a hot country. There is scorching heat during the summer season in our country. Now we need to know what exactly the sunstroke is. It is an abnormal rise in the temperature of the body. When the body’s temperature rises above 37° and reaches 40°C, it can cause harm to many vital organs. Following could be the symptoms of sunstroke --
- Red skin
- Vomiting and nausea
- Increased heart rate
- Rapid breathing
Since sunstroke causes severe dehydration, it is very important to maintain the balance of fluids in the body. In our previous blogs we have read about the three doshas -- vata, pita and kapha. The sunstroke may lead to the aggravation of pit dosh in mind. Since India is a warm country, we Indians have to face extremely hot weather during the summer season.
Lots of people around the country die due to sun stroke. Now let’s see what the few tips are to prevent ourselves from the sun stroke.
Tips to Prevent Ourselves From Sun Stroke
Our elders have recommended many measures to prevent ourselves from sun stroke:
- Direct exposure from the sun should be avoided; wear full sleeves shirts.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes.
- Use an umbrella while going out in the sun.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid going out of the home especially during hot days.
- Drink natural cooling substances, like thandai, coconut water, etc.
Our old grannies knew since ages the natural ways for treating sunstroke:
Now let’s discuss some home remedies for treating sunstroke:
- Buttermilk -- Two glasses of buttermilk is an excellent way to prevent ourselves from the sunstroke.
- Cold Bath -- It is an excellent first aid for sunstroke. This helps in treating heat stroke due to exertion.
- Oils --- Mix oils like peppermint oil, olive or almond oil, and lavender oil. The message of this is very beneficial in sun stroke.
- Tamarind juice -- It is an excellent first aid in case of sun stroke. It should be consumed immediately in case of sunstroke.
- Onion juice -- It is a best treat iin sunstroke. Mix onion juice with two tablespoons of honey and consume it daily.
- Coriander water--- It also helps a lot in case of sun stroke.
- Sandalwood paste -- Apply this paste on your forehead. If you don’t have sandalwood paste, you can use sandalwood oil. Sandal has cooling properties.
- Apple cider vinegar -- It can also prove helpful in case of sunstroke. It should be taken if one feels dizzy due to sun stroke.
- Plum juice -- It can prove extremely helpful in sun stroke.
In this way we see that most of the home remedies are sufficient enough and known to our grannies since ages. Costly and synthetic allopathic medicines cause more harm than good.