From the Treasury of Granny –32
Eczema is an ailment of skin wherein patches of skin become inflamed, itchy, cracked, and rough. In some types there can also be blisters. The word eczema is used by most of the people while referring to atopic dermatitis. The term atopic refers to a collection of conditions that are related to the immune system. The word dermatitis refers to the inflammation of the skin.
Symptoms of Eczema
The most common symptoms of atopic dermatitis are:
Natural Remedies for Eczema
1. Aloe Vera: Leaves of Aloe Vera should be crushed and its juice should be applied on the skin. It can prove highly beneficial in treating eczema.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a very common and popular home remedy for many conditions. It is also beneficial in skin disorders. Vinegar is highly acidic. In case of eczema the acidity level of skin of reduces. Applying diluted apple cider vinegar can prove relief in case of eczema. However, if the vinegar is not diluted it may produce burning sensation. Vinegar should be used with great care since its acids can damage soft issues.
3. Coconut Oil: It has healthful fatty acids that can help to moisture the skin. In this way it is helpful for the people with dry skin and eczema. Coconut oil may protect the skin by helping combat inflammation. The results show that using the oil for 8 weeks improves the symptoms of eczema.
4. Honey: It is a natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent. It has been used since centuries for healing wounds. It also boosts immune system. A little honey should be applied on the affected area.
5. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is beneficial in many skin problems including eczema. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties. It should be mixed with almond oil or olive oil and then it should be applied on the affected area.
6. Bleach in the Bath: Bleach in the bath can improve eczema symptoms. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It can kill the bacteria on the surface of the skin. One teaspoon of bleach should be added in 4 litres of water. Then it should be soaked for 5-10 minutes in water. After that the body should be rinsed properly with the warm water. After drying the body should be moisturized properly.
7. Changes in Diet: Eczema is an condition which causes inflamed , re and sore skin. However, few foods can help reducing the inflammation. Such foods are: