Detoxification of Lungs
From the Treasury of Granny – 9
Lungs are the vital organ of the body. They do a lot for us. However, in the modern days lungs are getting affected due to various reasons. The air we breathe in is generally contaminated with many kind of pollutants. There are many reasons of the air pollution. Exhaust fuels from the vehicles, pollution in the factories and burning of stubs of by farmers make the air so pollutant that it causes damage to the lungs. These pollutants also affect other organs of the body. In fact they toxify our lungs. If we do not take care of our lungs, we may fall prey to many diseases. Our lungs are self-cleaning organs. But we must do certain things that can help lungs function at an optimal level.
How to Clean or Detoxify Our Lungs
By taking certain food items we can detoxify our lungs. These items have been used by our ancestors since time immemorial:
- The Turmeric Ginger Recipe: This recipe can help to detox body from all the harmful toxins that might be the reason of many serious ailments in the human body. This recipe is made of turmeric and ginger. This recipe has anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic and anti- toxicity properties.
- Onions: Onions prevent lung cancer. Onions possess antioxidant and have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Garlic: Garlic is a natural remedy for many diseases. It keeps almost the systems of the body in a proper order.
- Apples: It is an old dictum ‘An Apple a day Keeps the Doctor Away’. Apple can act as a panacea in many diseases. An apple is a high fiber, loaded with nutrients and low calorie fruit. It has vitamin C which helps boosting the immune system.
- Lentils: Many lentils like black beans, kidney beans, cow beans, soya beans, etc. raise hemoglobin level in the blood. In this way, they are very helpful to detoxicate lungs.
- Drinking Warm Water: Warm water washes down all the toxins from the lungs. It is thus very helpful for lungs especially when we are exposed to air pollution of any kind.
- Lemons: Lemons are rich in Vitamin C. It helps in boosting up immunity.
Some other Measures to Keep Lungs Healthy
- Get an air purifier -- An air purifier helps a lot in purifying air in the house.
- Spend more time in fresh air – Morning walk when there is little traffic and also the air is fresh helps a lot to get fresh air for lungs. However, when there is pollution we should avoid going outside.
- Breathing Exercises -- Certain breathing exercises like breathing with pursed lips and stomach can help cleaning the lungs.
Conclusion: Nowadays, the entire world is fighting with the pandemic Covid 19. This pandemic has already taken toll of millions of lives, and many are still fighting with it. Now, it has become more important to take care of our lungs, since it affects our lungs most.